Iowa Corn Leadership Enhancement and Development
(I-LEAD) is a two-year program for talented people who want to become strong leaders for Iowa agriculture and spokespeople for the ag industry.
Iowa’s agriculture leadership today is built on generations of individuals who made agriculture their passion – not just a job. The Iowa Corn Promotion Board (ICPB) and Iowa Corn Growers Association (ICGA) recognize that the future of Iowa agriculture depends on developing new leaders who share the same passion for advocating and progressing the industry.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Men and women who are involved in production agriculture, the food and agriculture industry, agriculture media, or education and government, are all encouraged to apply.
GRADUATES WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe the value of grassroots leadership at the local, national and international level
- Define his or her personal leadership style and utilize those skills to be an effective leader
- Understand Iowa Corn and other key agricultural organizations to facilitate industry collaboration
- Explain the agriculture industry and Iowa’s place in the world agriculture economy
- Communicate messages about agriculture by locating evidence, formulating key points and communicating agricultural messages through written or verbal communication
INTERNATIONAL TRADE MISSION
The international trade mission is a key educational component of the I-LEAD program. Each I-LEAD class is challenged to work as a team to determine a mission target and raise the funds to cover core mission costs.
On the mission, class members will learn about key markets and develop further leadership skills as they speak with foreign officials and customers about Iowa agriculture.
I-LEAD CLASS 8
Stay up to date on what I-LEAD Class 8 has been up to.
* This blog post provided by I-LEAD Class 8 Members Elyssa McFarland and Allyson Parman I-LEA...
“Be Who You are and Be that Well.” This quote above is from St Franc...