Posted on October 1, 2014 at 8:00 AM by Iowa Corn
|Courtesy Fastline Blog|
We asked and you all spoke! We put together the Top Ten Best and Top Ten Worst Farm advice our fans have ever received! Check the list out below.Top Ten Best Advice:
1. Sam L. – Mom and Dad always said: “Seven most dangerous words in farming are, that’s the way we’ve always done it”
2. Johan B. – Its not about the hours you put into work but the work you put into the hours
3. Chloe B. – Worse advice : “there’s no room for improvement” Best advice: “if your a farmer, then your a farmer all the time. Not just when you feel like it”
4. James R. – my grandfather told me your dreams come true if you get up early every day and make them happen!!
5. Warren J. - A good farmer once told me pigs buy groceries, cattle buy farms. He was right.
6. Zac P. – On a farm you have more bad days then good days, you just have to keep hoping that tomorrow will be a better day
7. Justin S. – My Dad always says there is no such thing as luck. You make your own luck
8. Paige F. – “Get in, sit down, shut up and hold on!”
9. Travis W. – We dont have the best of everything. We just make the best out of anything
10. Divine M. -The best is being a farmer.Top Ten Worst Advice:
1. Mary R. – Get some Goats, they said
2. Dan M. – “See if you can make just one more round”….. next round you get stuck…
3. Nat H. – “Ah we can make it”- Grandpa. (Mile and half walk later) “Don’t tell Grandma I got the new tractor and new planter stuck”.
4. Pete L. – Run it till it starts smoking..
5. Charlie C. – stand there the bull will turn!
6. Daryl H. – no-till will never work !
7. Andrew F. – Plant sorghum they said. It will be great!
8. Travis L. – The worse advice I ever received was to listen to these so called weather men that we have.
9. Jared W. – I was told that autosteer wasn’t necessary, too expensive…I’ve proved that theory wrong.
10. Mike S. – “Never invest in anything that eats.”By Fastline Blog