Posted on May 1, 2013 at 9:00 AM by Iowa Corn
If you enjoy the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, you're sure to enjoy these bars. They are very quick and easy to make! I hope you enjoy these as much as I have. Dough:
Peanut Butter-Chocolate Revel Bars
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chipsFilling:
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 13x9x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2. In an extra-large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30-seconds. Add brown sugar, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined then add 2 cups peanut butter, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. Set dough aside.
3. For filling, in a medium saucepan combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and 2 Tablespoons peanut butter. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat then stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
4. Remove 2 cups of the dough; set aside. Press the remaining dough evenly onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining dough over filling.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is lightly brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack and cut into bars.
Makes 36 bars.