Applications are now being accepted for I-LEAD Class 9. All candidates will need to complete an application and return it to the Iowa Corn office by July 1, 2018.
Application Process & Materials
- Request and complete the I-LEAD application. Contact Alyssa Johnston at Iowa Corn, email@example.com or 515-225-9242, for an application.
- Provide two letters of recommendation – personal and business. The letters can be typed or handwritten.
Your application and letters of recommendation are due to Iowa Corn by July 1, 2018 via email, mail or fax:
Iowa Corn – I-LEAD Class 9
5505 NW 88th Street, Johnston, IA 50131
WHO SHOULD APPLY
I-LEAD class members come from diverse backgrounds and share a common commitment to the future of agriculture in Iowa. Individuals that are involved in production agriculture, the food and agriculture industry, agriculture media, or education and government, are all encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applicants who have been in their chosen profession for two or more years and to those who feel they can contribute to Iowa agriculture.
- Attend scheduled meetings and conference calls
- Prepare as needed for class sessions
- Actively participate in discussions
- Be open to new ideas and experiences
- Be a team player
- Be able to communicate via email
Class 9 will meet for 10 sessions. Most sessions meet in Iowa for two days (typically Thursday – Friday). Two sessions are five – six days to accommodate for activities outside of Iowa. Depending on class discussion and decisions, a third session may be incorporated to involve international travel.
Tentative Meeting Dates
- November, 2018
- January, 2019
- March, 2019
- July, 2019 – Congress/Delmarva Tour (five days)
- August, 2019
- November, 2019 – Domestic Mission (four days)
- January, 2020
- March, 2020 (may be replaced with International Trade Mission)
- June, 2020
- August, 2020 – Graduation
- Attend one Iowa Corn meeting each year (TBD)
The costs associated with I-LEAD educational programs, lodging and meals are paid by ICPB and ICGA, as is transportation and expenses to U.S. locations. I-LEAD class members are responsible for the cost of travel to and from I-LEAD sessions in Iowa and fundraising for their international trade mission.
- A selection committee will review all completed applications and select applicants to be interviewed in early August 2018 at the Iowa Corn office.
- Selected applicants will be asked to sign a letter to attend all sessions (approximately 35 days in total).
- Class members who are not self-employed will need to submit a letter from their employer allowing them to attend all sessions.
- Spouses of selected class members will also be asked to sign a letter of support.
- Up to 20 individuals will be selected for I-LEAD Class 9 and all applicants will be notified by September 1, 2018 if they have been chosen.
For more information or questions about the application and selection process, please contact Iowa Corn at 515-225-9242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This blog post provided by I-LEAD Class 8 Members Elyssa McFarland and Allyson Parman I-LEA...